Each rug we sell comes with a full one-year manufacturer's warranty. This warrants the rug against manufacturing defects in workmanship or materials for a one (1) year period from the date of the original purchase. The manufacturer will repair or replace, at its discretion, the rug without charge. Normal wear and tear is not warranted. To register a claim under this warranty, please contact us at 1-888-522-7465 between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. EST, or send an e-mail to: email@example.com. Proof of original purchase is required. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Are there special warranty requirements?
You must purchase and use a suitable area rug pad under your rug for this warranty to apply.
What is not covered by a warranty?
Normal wear and tear is not warranted. In addition, there are outside elements that may affect your rug's appearance over time. Many of these conditions are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. These conditions are normal and are not considered manufacturing defects. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Differences in color and texture from samples or from one rug to another
- Roll marks from shipping that will disappear with routine vacuuming
- Seam peaking from rolling the rug that will disappear with reverse rolling
- Shedding, which will decrease and stop over time
- Matting and crushing at pivot points and in traffic paths
- Highlighting and shading from light reflections
- Normal sprouting, pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, chemicals or atmospheric gases
- Improper maintenance, including use of the vacuum cleaner's beater bar
- Placing a non-water-resistant rug in a damp or wet area
- Damage caused by pets
- Improper cleaning, especially through use of a wet process
B. Remedy Exclusions Liability and exclusive remedy of Old World Carpets under this warranty is limited to actual repair or replacement. Old World Carpet's total liability shall not exceed the invoice amount to the original purchaser. Old World Carpets is not responsible for bodily injury, property loss or damage, removal or relocation of furnishings, or any incidental or consequential damages or costs associated with repair or replacement.
C. Nontransferable Warranties on Old World Carpet's products are intended for the protection of the initial purchaser and are not transferable to any other party.
Will using my vacuum cleaner's beater bar void my area rug warranty?
Yes. Area rugs manufacturers specifically exclude damage by a vacuum cleaner, including the use of the beater bar. This is not a defect in the rug.
Is shedding a defect?
All hand-made rugs exhibit some degree of shedding, as do rugs containing wool. This is normal and not a manufacturer's defect. Although it can be frustrating, the amount of shedding will decrease over time and eventually stop. Regular and frequent vacuuming will help.